Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas is coming and Earl is getting fat...


can you please put a penny in the old man's hat? It is raining here, almost a constant, and I took full advantage of not needing to wake to anything awaiting me... and slept for an extra two and a half hours. I needed it, I had gotten the notice my Midway Order for National Match sights was on the way (ordered so long ago I think it was last year - but might have only been January), that stirred my 'I want it' emotion and I hit the Internet shopping maze - that is so overblown. I went to Amazon.com and ordered five DVDs, only one was a current movie, Defiance. The other four had left a mark in my memory and I wanted to see them again to scratch it. I also went to NRA shopping - they want you to have high speed up and download, and it just isn't worth the wait in my computer cave, FarmVille is already too slow. I am about to hit level 19 there, can build a home and raise a family... well, almost. I still haven't named the animals, so I do know it is only a game. At NRA Store I got a new Life Member cap and a long sleeve Life Member shirt, will have to black out the scrambled eggs on the bill. I also got a reversible fleece, which I hope I like since I haven't one now. So there are only two things my wife can buy me for my happiness this Christmas, a couple long sleeve bright red turtlenecks - Large, and cushy socks.

I haven't checked my Lotto tickets yet, but my dreams on the first half of the night were military and I was looking at polar bear furred parkas with sheep skin lining and white stocks for my M14. Hmm, don't you know that dreams are failed mental connections getting organized? As I remember from a past life, wolf fur is better.

Plans for today, decorate a bit, less than a week left. Be safe out there.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

You got rain, we got snow... So I shovel a bit, play on the net, shovel and repeat...