Sunday, December 6, 2009

No real snow, yet...


I have been working on Saturday's Appleseed, inventorying what material I have on hand (not enough, never enough), sending out the POI for the two day event to the IITs and interested parties - those day's will be shorter than this weeks. I had tried to get the lawn mower to turn over and start so I could cut, thrash and bag the clipping and wayward leaves, the mower is smarter than I and I put it away, chore undone. It is cold, bitterly and the wind is blasting more of that Artic Global Unwarmed stuff our way, it is cold. But then, being just a Library Keeper, I keep remembering Henry Knox, fine man of books that he was, and his mission to get the guns from Ticonderoga to Boston for General Washington's use. So, between the 82nd's work during the Battle of the Bulge and good old Henry Knox's example of leadership and perseverance - I guess I can weather well the two day Appleseed, wish you were here.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Believe me, I wish I was there too! :-) It'd beat what I'm doing...LOL