Friday, December 25, 2009

What did you get for Christmas...



don't you know I hate that question, it goes right along with 'what did you get your wife for Christmas?'

Well, I got what I needed most. folks. Yes I did. Got to spend Christmas with my wife, instead of snarling hormone-infested young bucks with no alcohol, women nor purpose in life (temporarily) while we wait for some truce to end, or an attack to react to. I got to see my son, daughter-in-law and grandson on this computer monitor a few minutes ago and know there is wonder out of the control of the fools in Washington, DC. I get to build another family warm memory for those future years when it is colder and more alone than I really want to be. And I do get to say, that I love all of you (yes, even the lurkers I don't know) more than you know - because I do believe you are greater than you know and when your love gets great enough it will be wonderful. And so you now have something to shoot for, wonderful is just a bit up the way there. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

threecollie said...

That is really nice...our Christmas was much the same...ourselves together, safe, warm and well fed. We have each other, my mom is feeling well again and that alone is a gift from Heaven. Happy New Year to you too.

Stephen said...

Merry Christmas, Earl!