Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It is official, I am not worthy...


Knowing it was coming, and having my own plans and goals for the remainder of my little life doesn't make the impact of thirty-eight pages of print telling me I and what I was doing aren't worth spit. Kind of like getting hit hard enough I wanted to breathe but had forgotten how and was he going to hit me again? So I went home quietly and stewed a bit, and slept and dreamed of military and long runs along the roads in North Carolina. Actually, at lunch I did some serious looking at job offers in the county, and they are there, some of them interesting. I know I am riding the motorcycle until I have to carry firearms and supporting materials to a range - one must have fun in life, the Trusty Triumph still loves me.

Now what do I do for a blog? Kind of a Has Been? Wasn't Wanted? Didn't they do a movie about this?

6 comments:

threecollie said...

We still value you and I truly hope you will keep blogging. I love to come here and read about what you are thinking and doing. Take care..

Earl said...

You know about blogging, one doesn't really quit (check CarTeach) just gets on another posting somewhere, besides it just proves there are no hearts nor souls in institutions, only in real people. Thanks!

Old NFO said...

Earl- I agree with three... "retired" is a state of mind that some of us just don't do... You will find another productive outlet and keep on going!

Jeffro said...

You will always be The Library Keeper, even if you land in a totally different field.

Long-time RN said...

Agreed. (with all the above)
Here's to the future!

Frank W. James said...

In the film "THE WAY OF THE GUN", there is a scene where the Jimmy Caan character relates to two young thugs that when they see him they think he's a washed up, broken down, has-been.

But then he reminds them they're wrong and too stupid to understand what they are really looking at is a SURVIVOR!

I think you're a SURVIVOR...

All The Best,
Frank W. James