Monday, August 22, 2011

She couldn't sleep last night....


Terrible dreams woke her, and she got up and prayed long and hard, then watched videos the rest of the night. I don't get to find out how terrible they were - nor about what. She wouldn't want to be in prophecy, and she won't support anything she doesn't want to happen. I had best watch myself on the motorcycle and the jogging jaunt.

They had an Appleseed in Castle Rock, WA this last weekend. I didn't go except in spirit. Exciting news last month they had an Appleseed in Alaska and a storytelling time, and they have finally had an Appleseed in Hawaii. So something is moving in the proper direction, honoring the Heritage of self reliant folks, concerned communities and familiar with the proper use of their firearms. The Revolutionary War Veterans Association only teaches Rifle Marksmanship to 4 minutes of angle, out to five hundred yards (although shooting that far doesn't happen with them that much) and they tell the History of April 19th, 1775 (the three strikes of the match, and dangerous old men). Great organization, teaching safe marksmanship and trying to get more people bailing to save a sinking ship called America (doesn't seem to sail as proudly as it did before? values?). I no longer can help, they do need volunteers for everything, and if you aren't as good a shot as you want to be, I do highly recommend them. The military marksmanship units and the CMP folks are tougher and train harder - but there aren't enough positions so a little more grass roots is called for -- step on up.

I still shoot, and will help as I can, but it does take a lot to work the lines correctly. I guess letter writing is where I am going, get some support in schools and government for good shooting ranges and such. I have given up on the fight for the Second Amendment of the Constitution, actually I have pretty much given up on the Constitution of the United States and don't feel the need for reading the one of the state I reside and vote in. Nope, I am going to work on submitting to a Higher Authority. I know, that God is good, and the Bible has all of the rules I need to obey and the goal is to get out of this life in much better shape than I lived large dark sections of it. It won't get me rich, lots of stuff, it won't be HOT, it won't be the life that everyone sits around the table telling tales about. But I would want God to tell me someday that "You didn't disappoint" and that everyone would not hide, cringe or run away when they found I was on the way.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good post and good point Earl, we DO answer to a higher power sooner or later...