Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Falling behind aren't we...


As I worked outside I noticed that the daffodils are five to six inches now, the moss has beaten the grass in growth and that the wind whipped the weaker branches from the trees, the roof has troubles waiting for my attention. The slugs and grubs are growing and the moles will be back with a vengeance and we aren't paying attention since we think it is still Winter rains, another week of rains. But there are trees and bushes getting a head start and budding since the temperature is around fifty and Earl's Sol is hanging around longer each day - the approaching Spring has been declared by life outside the house, if I got outside more I would be in tune with its approach and better prepared for welcoming it.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

And cutting the grass... :-)